COVID-19 and Park Reopening Info
Updated: 19 May 2020
In line with the State Government directives (for Stage 1) restrictions, the park will open to holiday makers from the Friday 12 June 2020 (we are very excited).
At this time:
- Our amenity blocks will be open but will be limited to a certain number of people per use to ensure appropriate social distancing measures are obeyed.
- The pool will be open and operational but with limited capacity.
- BBQ areas & Camp Kitchens will open but with limited capacity per use to ensure appropriate social distancing measures are obeyed. At this time we are working on ways to have the Jumping Pillow open as well.
- Tom & Andy’s Espresso Van will remain open.
- We are working on a limited holiday program that allows us to practice the appropriate social distancing measures and safety procedures. Needless to say, Rob won’t be in full swing with the pool games but we are working on other fun ideas.
Risk Free Bookings
We recognise we are living in uncertain times, so to give you confidence in booking a stay with us, we are offering a risk free booking process:
- Zero Dollar Deposits
- Pay 72 hours before arrival.
- If we need to cancel your booking due to Government Directive or we go back into lock-down, then you will be offered 100% credit on any deposit or payment you have made.
- See our Terms & Conditions for further information (click here)
So book with the confidence that our terms and conditions have you covered.
Email is our preferred communication
As you would imagine, our phones are extremely busy at the moment. The most efficient means to get in contact is via email. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist with processing your booking and cancellation credit.
In closing, we sincerely apologise that we’ve had to take these drastic measures and the inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your understanding.
The BIG4 Caloundra Team
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: If I'm camping do I need to have my own bathroom facilities?
A: No, you will be able to stay and use the park amenities. We have implemented additional measures safety and procedures to allow for appropriate social distancing and increased cleaning.
Q: What facilities will be available when you re-open?
A: At this time (subject to change) we envisage the pool, BBQ Areas, Camp Kitchens with required level of social distance.
Q: What is the best way to get in contact?
A: The phones are naturally ringing off the hook at the moment, so we suggest the most efficient way to have your enquiry answered is by emailing us on email@example.com
Q: Are you providing accomodation for self-isolators?
A: No we are not at this time. Unfortunately, we feel the risks are too high at this time.
Q: I am from interstate and have a booking, what should I do?
A: We are assuming the border isn't going to open until at least the 13 July 2020, so if you have a booking before then, please contact us to organise a credit or re-booking. At this stage we are working on the assumption that after the 13 July 2020 you will free to visit (if you Southerners behave yourselves).
Q: What about future School Holidays? September, Christmas
A: We are encouraged by the signs that we will be open for the June/July School holidays. So we assume that we will remain open, but we won’t know what restrictions we will be operating under.